Saturday, April 07, 2007

Paradise Found

I have found the land of milk and honey-and it is called Lake Placid, FL. teehee Seriously though, it is GORGEOUS!!! We took a trip there yesterday to visit some friends of ours who had moved there last year. My friend Amy, her three boys, my two monkeys and I piled into her van and we drove two hours north on I27 to get there.

As we drove down the town's little main street I thought we had entered 1956 (I don't know-I just picked a year). Lake Placid is called the Town of Murals because every building has a mural painted on it. They even had a clown school! (Some of you may now be saying-OH! Wow! Now that's definitely paradise!!) Hold your sarcasm. The clown school and the murals aside, the sunset on the lake, the big, beautiful houses surrounded by orange groves, no traffic, lots of peaceful surroundings-these are just a few of the reasons why I thought Lake Placid was so unique and beautiful.

We know a few families that have moved to Lake Placid and they seem so relaxed now. Every evening they see the sunset from their front window. They have friends that live in an unbelievable house on one of the lakes and they have a private beach. We went swimming there, and I thought I had walked into the pages of Southern Living magazine.

The kids had a blast!! Ethan was asking me this morning when we were going back to play with the kids. Even though I felt like we were in a different world, I would see a bird that was native to South Florida or a palm tree and then I would feel like I was still home. It wasn't too foreign, and that was comforting. Enough of the terrible description of Lake Placid, here are some pictures. Thank you to Adriana and Liz and their families for being such wonderful hostesses and tour guides!!









2 comments:

Amy Ross said...

Oh, we had such a good time yesterday... I can't believe we haven't done that sooner!! Hope you can rest some today!

Anonymous said...

Looks so fun!!!! I miss ya'll!!!