Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tallahassee, Part 2

Ok. My last post was a little lengthy. I apologize. But I have a hard time choosing which pictures to post. And I tried to post a bunch to my Facebook page and something went wrong. This time I will limit the number of pictures I post but I'm tired just thinking about our fabulous road trip '09 so I'll limit my verbage as well.

Upon arriving in Tally, our niece and nephew were at Matt's parents house. I think my kids were in the pool faster than you can say 3,000 miles. Our time with the other Cates kids was limited but it was great seeing them.



We got back in the car to go to the beach with Matt's parents and the other Cates kids. Destination: St. George Island. If you've never been there, it's really beautiful. It's a small island with pastel beach cottages up on stilts lining the shore. Here are few highlights:


Matt's sand sarcophagus


Watching Grandpa fish


Making sand castles


Looking for clams


The Cates kids



From the beach we headed west to Panama City, where some friends of ours live. Since seeing them last they have had another child and moved to a new home. Needless to say it was fun catching up with them.



Our last day in Tallahassee was spent in the pool and on the couch recharging our batteries for the drive back home on Sunday. Overall, our trip was a memorable one. Even though I joke about the miles we drove, it was all worth it.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I love the beach shots! Have fun in the keys. We'll be in Daytona this week. So much for getting together during the summer, haha!! See ya later. Maybe at Lisa's??