Friday, August 26, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

So this week we went back to school.  (You already saw the first day pic.)  Mack is in fourth grade, same school.  Ethan is in second grade, new school.  Middle school is looming and the school the kids are zoned for makes my skin crawl.  So since private school tuition isn't in the budget, we thought we'd try to get them into a new charter being built.  As Murphy's Law would have it, Ethan got in.  Mack did not.  I'm not worried about it.  What is supposed to happen will happen.  So we'll start off at the new school with Ethan.  The school is an elemiddle (K-8).  It is a very nice building.  Lots of great potential.  He likes his teacher.  (By the way, he is in a class of all boys.  The school believes that single gender classes are where it's at!)  So all is well....until I had to wait in line to get him the first day for 2 HOURS!!!!  This is about how I felt...

untitled1.jpg
(very unhappy-ready to cry)

This is how most of the other 1,000 parents felt...

168462294_girl_screaming_iii1_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
(very angry and red in the face)

(at least that's what it seemed like.)  Here's a math equation:

If Ethan gets out of school at 2:30 and he doesn't get into his mom's car until 4:30,  estimate the level of frustration in the car.  

Answer:  It was pretty high.

The following became the standard question from my colleagues at school:

So, how long did it take yesterday?  Was it any shorter?

Unfortunately, I couldn't say that it got incredibly better.  In fact it only got about 15 minutes shorter.  It rained 3 out of the 5 days.  Rain=long lines and confusion.  No bueno....

Until today!  Mack and I did a happy dance in the greyhound when we pulled up and we were close to the driveway of the school.  Oh Happy Day!  It only took 1 hour to get the boy today!  And I felt like this...


rainbows_and_sunshine_by_MaraTheCoocoo.jpg
(girl running and jumping in a field with rainbows in the sky)

It can only get better folks.  It can only get better.

p.s.-I copied and pasted pics I found on google and they didn't post!  hence, the captions. :(

No comments: