Friday, November 23, 2007

Romancing the Bird

Matt wanted to cook the turkey this year since we were staying home for Thanksgiving, and for the past few weeks he has been carefully studying a particular recipe that he had used a few Thanksgiving past. After much preparation, and a couple of late night trips downstairs to tend to the bird, it made it to my parents' house and into the oven. It was del.ic.ious!!!! Yesterday was pretty much about the food...

cinnamon rolls for breakfast, yum!


turkey, casserole after casserole, apple and pumpkin pie


and family....




and silly turkey hats.


We hope you all had a great thanksgiving day!

6 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

Way to go Matt! So proud of you making the bird! Hope you all are recovering from stuffing yourselves...know that we are very jealous;)

Amy Ross said...

Thanks for the turkey recipe... it was delicious!!!!! Glad to see your Thanksgiving was fun! ONE MORE WEEK.... :)

mccaigs5 said...

The turkey looks awesome. I'm very impressed. Your Pilgrim looks lonely though :(

Kim said...

You know why! I was unable to perform the proper reconstructive surgery on his wife. She'll be properly buried at Mt. Trashmore this week.

The Crazy Lady said...

Love all the pictures!!!

Shannon said...

All I wanna know is: How did you make costumes big enough to fit your heads in out of construction paper? Wow. I'm impressed! :)