Tuesday, August 19, 2008

12 Hours and Counting...

I'm down to the home stretch. (I thought the home stretch was two nights ago, but Fay came for a visit. She was a drama queen...) Why do I feel like I'm being led to the "chair"? Actually, I'm quite at ease. My summer was spent thinking about school, so it wasn't all that relaxing. But, like Oprah, I did have my favorite things.

*bike rides at dusk*ice cream after a hot day*watching front teeth grow in*watching a buzz cut grow*free movies at the movie theatre*visits with far away friends*temporary jungle living*swimming alongside little fish with big teeth*sleeping in(I'm going from a 7:30 wakeup time to 6:00-ouch!)*reliving Beverly Cleary books through the eyes of my little girl*the smell of sunscreen*sidewalk chalk and bubbles*

I am wondering how things will be as I start tomorrow and as Matt starts up a new job next week. Please pray for us as we transition into all these new things. But I know that all of these happenings are blessings that have come only through God's hands, and we are so thankful!

4 comments:

Amy Ross said...

We are praying for you!!! Hope the first day jitters are calmed quickly! We love you all!

mccaigs5 said...

I'm so excited for you! (And I miss you!!)

KLeBlanc said...

Hi Kim! Wow! Back to the classroom! I'd love to hear how that is going. My last few years of teaching was Pre-K...I loved it. Sorry I'm so rotten at keeping up with blogs, e-mails, etc...Kenny is working in Ft. Lauderdale and our house is up for sale. We're staying in Lake Placid, just need to downsize. Anyway, I selfishly glance through other people's lives, but can't be bothered to update my own sites! Love, Liz

The Crazy Lady said...

Your classroom looks fantastic!!!!! I am excited for you!