There's a little voice calling me everyday when I walk in the door after school. It's not Ethan's or Mack's. Could it be...
THE MOUNTAIN OF REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS in my fridge?
If you know me well enough, you know that this is my candy of choice. Actually, if it has sugar and is coated with chocolate, it'll do. But my fave is a Reese's PBC. Last week my school celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week. At the beginning of the school year I was asked to fill out a Wish List of the things I like. So throughout the year at gift-giving times, like Teacher Appreciation Week, the parents would know what to get me. I must have been hungry at the time and I listed a bunch of favorite food items. *Note to self: next year, list things that I can't put in my mouth.
You better believe there was a party in my head as I received the first few bags of PBC's.
By the 7th or 8th bag, the party in my head was winding down. Packing up and hunkering down for the mad sugar rush that was bound to come soon. Don't get me wrong! It was a great feeling to get the most adorable cards of gratitude from my students. They were so proud of their artwork and the yummy treats that they came bearing to give to their Miss Kim. I'm really going to miss these little ones. Not to mention my room mom who put together the letter and informed the parents of my favorite things. Thanks Tracee!
So, shout out moment aside, I'm still faced with the looming mountain of luscious peanut butter chocolate love. What's a girl to do?? Why, google fun recipes and pictures of all things Reese's, of course!

Every Reese's lover needs a Reese's PBC rubber ducky!

I thought this lovely tote might come in handy whenever I find the need to carry Mt. Reese's outside of the house.

Perfect for carrying my PBC flavored lip gloss and maybe a mini Reese's or two.
But on a more serious note, I thought this and this looked good enough to eat. And how can you miss out on this one? Bring it on home Paula!
So after my journey through the valley of Reese's I have come to the conclusion that I must share the love. That means no greedy thoughts or growling at the children if they come near my stash. And I think I'll be making a batch of those PBC brownies to bring to my class Easter party on Friday. It's all about giving back, right? All I know is this:
THIS GIRL
PLUS
THIS PILE
EQUALS
5 comments:
How'd you find that picture of me in my green dress?
It is a good thing I can't have all that PB floating around my house....
I am so drooling right now!!!
I am laughing so hard right now at the sheer numbers. Wish I was there to share the burden with you...
Plus, I love the pictures. What are you, bored?
Bring em to my house - I already ate a huge bag o snickers, so what's a few more pb delights??? YUM! You crack me up!
Post a Comment