On Monday morning Ethan will have his adenotonsellectomy. FINALLY!!! His tonsils are the size of golf balls and he breathes like Darth Vader. He has to go through umpteen cups of milk to get through a meal because it's so difficult for him to swallow. I didn't want to be the one to decide that he needed surgery. (You know, because I know so much better than the doctor. HA!) After going to the ENT on two other occasions, my plan was to march in there and give that doctor the what's what. That's right! No more 'nose spray, soy milk and saline drops business'-cut them out! But before I could rant and rave, he told me what I wanted to hear. Okay, then. So his surgery was scheduled and here we are. He went for his clearance appointment today. All is well. We have prepped him with library books about hospital stays (like Curious George Goes to the Hospital and Goodbye Tonsils!) I have a surprise bag of goodies for him to enjoy while he's there (he has to stay overnight). The house is stocked with soft foods and LOTS of ice cream. We even made a Goodbye Tonsils cake for us to enjoy tonight. While I'm nervous about him "going under" I know that this surgery will make things easier for him. Please pray for him and for our family as he goes to the hospital on Monday morning. I'll be sure to post more after all is said and done.
Read about all the fun and frivolity we face every day, well maybe every other week since I can't seem to blog very consistently. Good times. Good times.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Goodbye Tonsils!
On Monday morning Ethan will have his adenotonsellectomy. FINALLY!!! His tonsils are the size of golf balls and he breathes like Darth Vader. He has to go through umpteen cups of milk to get through a meal because it's so difficult for him to swallow. I didn't want to be the one to decide that he needed surgery. (You know, because I know so much better than the doctor. HA!) After going to the ENT on two other occasions, my plan was to march in there and give that doctor the what's what. That's right! No more 'nose spray, soy milk and saline drops business'-cut them out! But before I could rant and rave, he told me what I wanted to hear. Okay, then. So his surgery was scheduled and here we are. He went for his clearance appointment today. All is well. We have prepped him with library books about hospital stays (like Curious George Goes to the Hospital and Goodbye Tonsils!) I have a surprise bag of goodies for him to enjoy while he's there (he has to stay overnight). The house is stocked with soft foods and LOTS of ice cream. We even made a Goodbye Tonsils cake for us to enjoy tonight. While I'm nervous about him "going under" I know that this surgery will make things easier for him. Please pray for him and for our family as he goes to the hospital on Monday morning. I'll be sure to post more after all is said and done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying all goes well. Keep us updated!
Post a Comment