Friday, April 10, 2009

The Week is Over Already?

What a great Spring Break I've had this week! The time off from work was much needed. I needed a time of renewal and relaxation. We cleaned and did laundry. I would have liked to make it to a water park and our pool, but our GORGEOUS cool weather didn't permit that. However, we did make it to the beach today with Bobbilee and Shannon. Here's what we did this week:

An airboat ride through the Everglades:
This native Floridian has NEVER been on an airboat before. The shame! There was alot of talk about the Seminoles and the Gators, but not the ones I'm used to. We saw one alligator in the water, but it was a pretty chilly day so the rest of them were hiding. It was a cool experience, and the kids really enjoyed it. Being a Florida resident seemed to have it's advantages because we got us an Annual Pass for FREE! Woohoo!!








A trip to the Palm Beach Zoo:
My parents and our clan met up with my sister and Livi at the zoo. We've been there a number of times, but it was Matt's first time at that location. It was warm enough for the kids to play in the big water fountain, and that was their favorite part of the trip. Then on our way back we made a pit stop for dinner at our favorite Cuban restaurant, Las Vegas. Yum! (No pictures to show for this one because I forgot my camera at home. Dummy!)

Fun in the sun at Hollywood Beach:
I met up with some friends and their kids at Hollywood Beach this morning. When we arrived there were people scattered around. Then an hour later I turned around and saw a wall of people EVERYWHERE! Needless to say, there were lots of kids playing in the sand and the surf. Our kiddos had lots of fun.








This weekend my sister and her family are coming down for Easter. It will be fun to see Livi egg hunting with my wild animals. I'll post pictures of that sometime before the 4th of July. (Well, I am going back to work next week!)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Aww - you have to send me that pic of my kiddies - please! I had a lot of fun. Hope Ethan is ok - and - um - that cake is freaking hilarious!