Scrapbooks...
Not just one or two. Try 15. I wish I could say I was trying to catch up on the last 15 years of our lives, but that's not it. I am making a scrapbook for each of the lovies in my class. The good thing is that they're all pretty much the same, so I've got a system going that makes it easier. My goal is to have all of them D.O.N.E by the end of the long Memorial Day weekend. My fingers are crossed. (check this one off my list!)
Sticker books...
Ok. So our lives don't have to come to a screeching halt over a sticker book, but it has had the boys occupied. Yes. I said boys. That would be the little one and the big one. I bought Ethan the 2010 FIFA World Cup sticker book as a reward for having good days at school, but Matt has adopted it as his own. I don't think I've ever seen a grown man get as excited as he does over a pack of soccer stickers. It's pretty cute, actually. :)
Soccer...
Going along with the sticker book, I think we might have World Cup fever. Matt is an avid soccer fan. He loves to watch the games, and when the World Cup comes along...whoa! He is practically shaking with excitement! It happens to be contagious, and, I must admit, I am pretty excited too. Not to mention, my class is singing a world cup song in our End of the Year program so I definitely have soccer on the brain.
Scrumptious treats...
I have been blessed with fantastic parental help this past school year. I have been trying to think of something to give them to tell them how much I appreciate them. So I decided I would make it simple and share this scrumptious treat with them.
(don't let the name fool you...it's really a cake)
Blueberry Lemon Bread (10 slices)
•1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
•1 cup granulated sugar
•2 large eggs
•1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
•1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
•1 teaspoon salt
•1/2 cup milk
•2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
•1/2 cup blueberries
Lemon Sauce for top of bread:
•Juice of one lemon
•1/3 cup granulated sugar
1.Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour loaf bread pan and set aside.
2.Cream sugar and butter, add eggs.
3.Mix flour with baking powder and salt.
4.Add to mixer alternately with the milk and mix until thoroughly blended.
5.Stir in lemon zest and blueberries.
6.Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes.
7.To prepare lemon sauce, in saucepan over medium heat, bring lemon juice and sugar to a boil and set aside.
8.Remove bread pan from oven and pierce top of bread several times with toothpick. Pour lemon sauce atop bread.
9.Allow to cool on wire rack until juice is absorbed, then turn out onto wire rack to allow to cool completely before slicing and serving, or wrapping for storage.
Singing...
Ethan's kindergarten class has been practicing a song for their mommies and daddies. They performed it for us today. She also made a DVD of the pictures from this year. It made me cry! My baby isn't a baby anymore. He received his awards and some cute parting gifts. It was a very sweet morning.
Shoes...
This one hasn't had us busy, but it started with a 's, it has to do with one who is 'busy', and I just had to post a picture. For those of you who know me and my family well, you know that my dad LOVES shoes, sneakers in particular. Not only does he enjoy buying shoes for himself, but he also loves to buy shoes for his family members. So while on their little getaway this weekend, my parents went shopping and I got a call from dad asking for Ethan's shoe size. Here's a pic of E's new wheels....
I can't think of a more appropriate shoe for him! He was so excited when he tried them on for the first time! He insisted that they made him run faster. I don't know about that, but I do know that now he has something that proves that he's on fire from all the energy he produces.
1 comment:
Oh, I love the blog update...I guess I should work on mine too. (It has almost been ONE year since I updated my blog!) Anyway, as soon as your not busy we need a catch up phone date! I miss you sweet friend! Oh, and thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to try it.
Post a Comment