I can't believe that this is my first post of the new year! I have lots to write about but haven't quite found the time or the energy to actually do it. Well, we rang in the New Ear (as Ethan called it) with our good friends Amy and Chris Ross and their three boys. We enjoyed sitting back and watching the boys and Kenzie run circles around us.
A few days later, I celebrated my thirty somethingth birthday. (I'm 33, but when I was thinking about how old I was turning, I really didn't believe myself-all I could think was 'where did 32 go?' No, seriously, where did last year go???) I took the kids to see Happy Feet, and then my mom and dad came over to watch the kids while Matt and I went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. We couldn't end there, so we went to Cold Stone and had a really yummy creation! (This is one reason why I'd like to officially change my birthday to a different month. I can't start any diet full force when there is a birthday to celebrate properly!) The celebration continued through the weekend, and it ended with a birthday cake and more ice cream.
A week later, we celebrated Ethan's third birthday. We can't believe that he's already three. I can't believe that I survived the terrible two's, but I have a feeling that I might have the therrible threes (oh crap! I'm sensing a not-so-good pattern here!) We have some very dear friends (the Hunters and the Rosses) that will be moving this summer. If you remember, Ethan, Levi (Hunter), and James(Ross) were all born the same week, and we have enjoyed celebrating their birthdays together the last three years. So for one last hoorah, we decided to go to the circus! There were 13 of us, and we all had a blast. After the show we enjoyed some Latin music by the water where they sang to Etan, Levee, and Yames. It was a great day yet very tiring too! We celebrated with the family on Sunday and Ethan was a little hesitant about me cutting into his race track cake, but he quickly changed his mind when he realized that there was sugar involved. (He's all about the cake!)
I found out the next day (Sunday) that my very best friend's (LeeAnn) sister had died on Saturday night while she was on her way home from church. Her name was Lonnie. Her children were in the car with her, and miraculously, they walked away with a few scrapes and bruises. I quickly made my reservations and flew to Atlanta to be with LeeAnn and her family. It was a very emotionally draining trip, but for LeeAnn, I would do anything. Lonnie was a believer in Christ, and we know that she is celebrating in heaven where there is no more pain, sadness, and tears. It is comforting for the family to rest in that truth, but her loss was so sudden and tragic. So pray for them as they grieve in the coming months. I came home to my awesome, loving hubby who didn't blink an eye when I said that I had to go. Although I was exhausted on Friday, I was so thankful to be able to hug my babies and tell them I love them. Many thanks to my mom and my friends who helped Matt care for the kids while I was gone. I was amazed at the outpouring of love that I saw from LeeAnn's and Cheryl and Lonnie's churches, and I was equally amazed at how quickly my friends and family would lay down their lives for me.
So far this year, I've seen lots of love...may it continue throughout 2007. (I'm getting mushy in my old age.)
3 comments:
Kim-
Your year has started off pretty intense. Thankfully God provides all that we need and will sustain us even when we are weary! I too am appreciating my family and friends a lot more with all of the upcoming transitions and learning to live more in the moment...as one never knows what tomorrow holds.
We love you and cherish your friendship!
-Stacey
King!! Glad you were here during that time. A lot of which is a blur at this time. Thanks for everything.
-Laura
Anything for joo Lowda! :) King
Post a Comment