Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year's Resolutions 2007

I'm really tired of looking at my last stupid post, so I thought I'd better write something new. I was thinking (not for very long) about my New Year's resolutions for 2007. Last year I had a friend who said that new year's resolutions were silly. Why do people find the need to come up with these ideas at the beginning of a new year? I disagree! At the beginning of '06 I really needed a renewal. It was an overwhelming feeling. Now, did I keep my resolutions? not entirely But making them made me feel better. teehee For example, I wanted to walk every morning (from 7 to 7:45 to be exact). Did I do it? No, but I did walk downstairs to get my tired butt some coffee. And I walked up and down the stairs probably 4 more times getting the kids ready for the morning. But I did start going to the aerobics class they offer at church. (Watching me do hip hop aerobics is pretty funny, but I think I'm stronger than I've been in a long time!) Another resolution was that I wanted to learn how to sew. Did I learn? No. Anyone want to volunteer to teach me? I wanted to read three classics, and I only read one but I did start going to the Book Club at church and have read some amazing books. Journaling was one resolution that I did accomplish. Wow! 2006 was a banner year. There were a few others that I won't list, but I can add all those that I didn't accomplish to 07's list. I think I just need to tweak them a little and I'll get there... maybe. I do look at this new year with some apprehension. We will see lots of changes this year with close friends moving away(to Vienna and Virginia) and Mackenzie starting kindegarten(to homeschool or not to homeschool) and Ethan starting nursery school(God help his teacher) and me going to work at his school (oh! you're Ethan's mommy!) and Matt getting a new job(in SoFla or beyond). My prayer for 2007 is that we would be still and know where God is leading us.

1 comment:

Amy Ross said...

I think we need to have these resolutions: One Sunday afternoon a month we have a beach family date with the Hunters too. One night a month scrapbooking! Before we know it we'll all be scattered around and won't be able to do these fun things!!
:(