Sunday, May 11, 2008

Family Time



I had a very nice Mother's Day weekend (yes, be jealous. mine lasts for two days. ha!) My sister and her family came down for a visit. We visited a local water play area because it was as hot as a monkey's armpit. Livi was a little reluctant to get in the water at first, but she was loving every minute of it once she got adjusted. (Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera to the pool and I didn't get any pictures of her cute little bikini-clad body. So cute!)

My mom, my sister and I enjoyed an iced coffee at one of the THREE new Starbucks within two miles of each other, all down the street from my house. LOVE IT!

Because of the monkey's armpit issue, we (me) decided not to go to my dad's baseball game. Poor decision! His team played a double header and won both games which allows them to go on to the State Championship next weekend. This will be the ONLY time you will hear me and Matt say 'Go Gators!'



Today we went to my parents' house for a BBQ with the fam. My aunt and uncle and the cousins came along with mi abuela. For dessert I made a chocolate cake fit for a pioneer woman. It definitely made my skirt fly up as it was the BEST chocolate cake EVER! Love in a pan...





How could I forget to mention that I was served scrumptious pancakes and sausage for breakfast?? Mackenzie is the best pancake flipper east of I-75!

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day!

3 comments:

mccaigs5 said...

I love the pictures. Congrats to your dad. It's probably a good thing you couldn't go, aren't you a bad luck charm for his games? :)

Kim said...

Yes, I am...sadly. Wouldn't it be horrible if I went to the game this weekend and they lost...because of me??? :( teehee Kim

Brad & Stacey said...

I love the picture of you and the kiddos! The cake looks yummy too!!

Are you hanging in there?
Love you!