Friday, May 09, 2008

Time Out

This week I took a time out. Time out from doing all the things that normally make up my days. Instead, I filled my time with distractions like baking (banana bread, cookies, cake, etc.), shopping (not so much buying, as window shopping), playing (at Bobbilee's house and at Mackenzie's school for Kindergarten fun day), and painting (not a Mona Lisa paint-by-number but the hallway and up the stairs area).

Our dear friends, the Rosses, left for home in Virginia on Sunday. I have known that they would leave for awhile now, but it did take them a year to sell their house, so I've gotten used to them not leaving. I didn't anticipate this sense of mourning when they moved. Mourning? It sounds kind of harsh. It isn't like I'll never see them again. Virginia is less than a day away. I just really miss seeing those little guys every week. As I have gone about my business this week, I would come across a place that we would frequent, and it was like someone picking at a scab. The pain would come rushing back again. How could a place that I have lived all my life and that is so familiar to me seem so different after they have left? So this is why I've taken a time out. I'll be able to resume my normal activities and responsibilities next week. In the meantime, I'll play as I bake a cake and paint the hall and ponder my next window shopping destination.

6 comments:

Amy Ross said...

Thanks for making me SOB!!

We are missing you SOOO much! The boys keep asking when we will get to play with M&E.

I am sorry I missed your call yesterday, I'll call you soon. Right now my phone is dead and I cannot find the charger and our house phone doesn't have long distance. Plus, I am sure I'd just be a blubbering idiot on the phone!

Big HUGS to you, my dear, dear friend. I miss you.

Brad & Stacey said...

I understand, and I am praying for you my friend!

mccaigs5 said...

Aye, Papi. I'm sorry.

Mary Porter said...

I miss them too! I'm feeling your pain! It sucks!
Praying for you! MeMoo :)

Mary Porter said...

I miss them too! I'm feeling your pain! It sucks!
Praying for you! MeMoo :)

Shannon said...

Aww, Kim, come play with ME! I can always be talked into goofing off. :)