Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Stable Warm and Dry



Working at a preschool amongst very creative women, I have seen some super cute craft ideas for Christmas! Being the overachiever that I am, I set out with too many ideas in mind to accomplish in a two week period. Knowing how pressed for time I was before Thanksgiving and how I stressed myself out, I figured I'd save a couple of those ideas for next Christmas. But this one, I couldn't pass up!

My craft supply of choice:
a styrofoam espresso cup!

I have come up with a lot of ideas on how to use them. We made Indians last month. We made spiders for halloween. They are the same size as the little clay pots-but they cost $1.99 for 40. And these won't shatter if you drop them. (But they're toast if you step on them.)

So this month I wanted to make a Nativity scene for the kids to take home. We used kid-sized shoe boxes that I spray painted brown. We added raffia in the box for hay, and they decorated 2 medium size cups for Mary and Joseph and the small cup for baby Jesus. Two tongue depressors were painted brown and glued to the top of the box, and a laminated star glued in the middle of those. To the top of the box I glued a Bible verse from Luke. Voila! A child-crafted nativity scene! And I have to say, they were absolutely darling! Do you have a favorite Christmas craft?

2 comments:

Amy Ross said...

I love all your new posts :) And this is such a great craft...I'll have to try it with my "class"!! Missing you, and glad to catch up and see pics on your blog!

Hunter said...

That is adorable! Glad you're back blogging my friend!