Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dramatics

Last weekend the kids participated in our church's Children's Musical. It was called "The Rock Slinger and His Greatest Hit." Ha! It was pretty funny. Mackenzie loves the musical. She has a memory like a steel trap, and she enjoys learning the songs and all the choreography. This year was Ethan's first experience with the stage. When he had his surgery I wasn't sure if he would be up to performing, let alone able to do it. So, one week before the show he told me he wanted to do it for sure, and the preparations began. I knew that he would add a little flare to the show, but I was still more than a little nervous about what to expect. Poor Ethan! He never fails to amaze me. Not only did he know all the songs he also knew all the motions that went along with them. He delivered his lines with spunk (and one leg in the air?), and he didn't disappoint his audience. He served up a big dose of the much anticipated flare that only E can give.






Mackenzie did a great job! Her love of the songs really showed while she was on stage.





Of course, I continued to hear the songs for a week after the show was over. While we walking out of the church after the last show, Ethan asked when they would start practicing for the next show. I nearly fell over. So now you know who their drama queen is.

2 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

Oh I wish we could have seen them! Hopefully mom will send us a DVD! Thanks for sharing some photos!

mccaigs5 said...

Look at how cute they are!!