I have been focused the past week. Focused on getting Mother's day projects completed. Focused on the growing piles that have been spreading throughout my house. Focused on Matt's family in Tallahassee. Focused on the words and actions coming from my kids.
So tonight my brain feels a little fried. The Mother's Day projects were given out at our Mother's Day brunch at school today. A lovely time was had by all, and it was a great to see the smiles on all the mom's faces. The students were absolutely adorable, and this made all the preparation worth it.
The growing piles were shifted to my room, which is okay. Don't ask why. I can't really give a good reason. I think it just feels better to have them out of sight in the living room. (Out of sight=out of mind. Until school's out, that is a-ok with me.)
We're still focused on Matt's family in Tallahassee. His grandmother (Grandma Rosie) passed away yesterday afternoon. She turned 93 on Monday, and while her health had been declining in the last couple of weeks, it still feels surreal. She had been living with Matt's parents for the last few years.
I'm still especially focused on the words and actions coming from my kids. Why is it that they hone in on my weakness when I feel like a deflated balloon by acting out like a couple of nuts? When I am feeling weak (whether mentally or physically) I just want to throw up my hands and give up. That would be today's reaction. Hopefully a good night's sleep will recharge my batteries, and I'll have a better attitude about life tomorrow.
And my spirits can't help but be lifted when I think about the treatments I'll get from here. My hubby did good! Pedicure here I come!!
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about Grandma Rosie. I will give you a call soon.
love to all!
I hope today was better! I miss you! Praying for Matt & his family.
Post a Comment