So, what did I learn?
1. Every kid comes with different baggage, so I have to handle each child accordingly. Duh, right? I knew this but never really thought about it. Until I was faced with a discussion with Ethan's teacher. She pointed this little tidbit out, and it hit me.
2. It's preschool-no worries. I wasn't there to teach them the multiplication tables or how to write in cursive, people. It's ok to play.
3. Spring Fever is an actual occurance amongst 5 year olds. This was a shocker!
4. I can get pretty crafty when I'm forced to! (I heart the Crafty Crow! Google it...)
5. You can convince a five year old that there is an real K (for Kindergarten) on his forehead and it will go away if he doesn't behave.
6. Timing is everything. Next year, I will be sure to start the 15 scrapbooks for the kids ASAP!
7. Teaching is fun and enjoyable when you have parents that support you and encourage you along the way. What a concept! They were our cheerleaders. Go Moms!
8. Having your own child at the school is fantastic, BUT if said child is a mischievous little imp you might want to hide when you see his teacher coming your way.
9. My time with these kids knit my heart to theirs in a way that I never thought possible. I will NEVER forget these precious 5 year olds and my first year in this sweet little preschool.
10. Matt says that there has to be a #10 on my list. I'll leave this one open for next year... Learning never stops, right?
4 comments:
Love it! I love the new look too.
I am so glad you had a wonderful year! I am sure you were a blessing to these little kiddos and their families!
love and miss you guys!
All I wanna know is: Can you come out to play now???
YES I CAN! I feel like I've been locked in a closet all year. And now I can come out! :)
Post a Comment