I should've taken a picture. I made a beautiful blueberry pie. It baked to perfection (or at least it looked good). I took it out of the oven on the cookie sheet I placed it on in the oven. As I took it out of the oven chanting-'please don't slip, please don't slip', you can guess what happened next. As I stood over the splattered blueberries and syrupy juice all over my tile all I could think was-'is that going to stain my grout?' But, never fear! I made another one. The end.
(Disclaimer for the lame post: I was starting to become a little embarassed of the glowing boobies on the previous post. teehee )
Blueberry Pie recipe (from my Grandma Hall)
4 cups of blueberries (I used fresh ones)
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust (not adventurous enough to make my own crust)
Combine first four ingredients. Line pie dish with first crust. Put berries mixture in crust. Sprinkle lemon juice and crumble butter on top. Put crust on top. Bake @ 425 deg for 10 min. Then change oven to 375 deg. and bake for 45-55 min. Don't drop it when taking it out of the oven. :)
5 comments:
I was starting to become a little embarrassed at the library when i was looking at your blog, of the glowing boobies. I think it was fine, but to a stranger seeing what I'm looking at in the library....
your blueberry pie sounds delicious...how was the cheesecake? Did you notice that I didn't even share my apple pie? It's mine...ALL MINE! Sorry Matt! I am greedy!
Oh, that stinks! You guys are making me crave pie! haha. I hope the pie auction was good. We miss you.
PS - the glowing boobs were hilarious!
I am so impressed! I am just getting into really cooking, but a pie I could never conquer!
Post a Comment