Thursday, January 03, 2008

It's Raining Frozen Iguanas



"I'm cold papi" says the South Floridian girl in the 56 degree weather at 2:30 in the p.m.! As I was driving yesterday in the 50 some-odd degree weather I was wondering what the iguanas do when it gets cold. Those of you who live here know that there are iguanas everywhere, but you don't see them on the really cold days like today. Do they bury themselves under leaves or hide up in the trees? Apparently it's the latter one because according to the Miami Herald they're falling out of the trees frozen. There's gotta be a fifth grader (or more likely a first grader) that is smarter than me who can tell me what happens to the iguanas in really cold South Florida weather.

3 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

You always crack me up! Thanks for the birthday call! We were in the midst of a family party when you called...sorry! Hope you have a wonderful birthday too!

Mom brought new pictures of Ethan! Levi loves them!

Much love-
Stacey

mccaigs5 said...

Poor goo-na-nas. On Wednesday the high here was 33. Try that on for size, Florida girl. And my sons have no concept of the need to stay indoors on days like that. Aye. Thank goodness for my dad's outdoor heater.

Amy Ross said...

They die. Yes, they die. Chris said that at work yesterday the "guys" caught a whole bunch of near-dead ones...I guess they are going to eat them. Maybe I should get Chris to bring me some home... might cut down on the grocery bill!!

Thanks again for dinner, it was delicious and much need and even more appreciated (BY ALL THE BOYS!)

Have a great day tomorrow. We'll call at some point and yell in your ear.