I've been hooked to a few different things these days. Here they are:
*Deceptively Delicious-a cookbook? yes, a cookbook. It's written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife (recipes might be plagarized but Ethan's eating veggies unbeknownst to him so I don't care!) and there are a bunch of yummy recipes from breakfast food to desserts. Every recipe has a veggie puree. Yes, the chocolate cake has beet puree and the chocolate chip cookies have whole chickpeas in them, but the cookies were delish! (I haven't tried the cake yet.) I made cheese quesadillas with butternut squash puree and the puree was supposed to look like melted cheese. Of course, there was cheddar cheese in it too. But when Mack took a bite of it, she said, "This cheese tastes gross!" Ok, so I haven't gotten the reception from both kids that I thought I would, but I think I just need to tweak a few things. I will succeed in putting veggies in these children! I will!!! (Positive thinking is good.)
*Hymns for a Kid's Heart-We got this devotional book from the Rosses this year for Christmas and we love it! Mackenzie espcially. It is so sweet to hear her belt out the hymns! The book came with a CD so Mommy's singing can be drowned out. For that, Matt is thankful.
*Mancala- a game. Also given to us by the Rosses, we are hooked on this African/South American pasttime. At night when Matt thinks he can come to bed to relax and watch a little tv, he knows that is shot when he sees the mancala box sitting next to me. And of course, Mackenzie is all about beating me. Snot-nose little, I mean, she is so smart! (And I wonder where she gets her competitive nature from...)
That's it. Just a few little items that are tickling my fancy these days. What are you into lately?
4 comments:
Orion. And Sirius. And the Pleiades. Stars are just incredible, and I'm only beginning to learn and love them.
Gobblet Junior. Fun game that the kids regularly beat me at.
Stars? What are they? :) I bet you have beautiful night skies in GA! I'll have to check out that game. Thanks! :) Kim
After this morning, I have to say hands down that YOU are one of my favorite things!!! Thanks for hanging out with my boys and your boyfriend, while I had a heart to heart with my buddy Paul! :)
I have to say that I'm a little jealous. Dr. Paul has these heart-to-hearts with you and Matt, and I'm left out in the cold, with no details about his steamy love life! :) hahaha! love,Kim
Post a Comment