Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Big Boy

My big boy turned 4 today! I can't help but think about the overwhelming joy I felt that day. What mother doesn't experience that, right? But this was definitely a totally different experience than the first time around for us. Having only 4 people in the OR as opposed to 10. Getting to take pictures of him while he was weighed and measured as opposed to be whisked away in an isolette. Being fully conscious after surgery, not being pricked every few hours to give blood for more tests, having him in my room! That was the best part of all of it. I got to hold him as long as I wanted, and I couldn't get enough of his sweet features. Most moms say that they don't even want to think about another one for a long time, but I said right away that I'd do it again just to experience that incredible joy. (But then, I didn't know that Ethan was worth 2 children so I spoke too soon. tee hee) Looking at his scrapbook today it seems like such a long time ago that I held that little baby so close. Sure he keeps us on our toes, but it is such a joy to experience every day life through his eyes.
Here are some pictures of our first days with Ethan:




Look at Mackenzie! Little Curly Sue hugging her new baby brother. What a sweet moment.


I love this picture of Daddy with his little smurf baby. So cute!


That's right Ethan! You tell Zsa Zsa all about it.


Our first family photo. Wow. This one is priceless. Matt looks like a deer in the headlights. Mackenzie has her finger in her nose. I am seriously bloated and need a hair dryer and some makeup-STAT! And Matt's mom is in the picture. Oh wait! That's a nurse.

3 comments:

The Crazy Lady said...

the picture of Mac with little Ethan is the cutest thing!!!!!! Thanks for sharing! I can not believe he is 4!!! The years have gone by so fast!!!! Glad we have blogs/email to keep up!

Amy Ross said...

It seems like yesterday we all found out that we were having babies...then found out they were all boys...and then delievered our little fellows!!!! I can't believe they are four...your blog brought tears to my eyes...where has the time gone???
We have been so blessed to have all these memories and wonderful things to celebrate with you!! Happy Birthday Ethan...WE LOVE YOU!!!
The Ross Gang

Brad & Stacey said...

Sweet little Ethan! Wish we were all celebrating together...on the beach, with pizza! Levi's birthday won't be the same without his buddies!