
I will be a working woman come fall. That's right! Call me Ms. Kim. I got a job at the sweet little preschool where Mackenzie attended and where Ethan will start Pre-K in the fall. I will be teaching a Pre-K class, and no, Ethan will not be in my class! Today, I met with the pastor of the church with which the school is associated. Next week, fingers will be printed and paperwork will be filled out. I'm in the process of taking online classes. School-marm Kim is ready for a classful of little ones.
I was daydreaming today, after seeing my classroom. Fresh flowers always blooming. A fish called Freddy. The calming sound of Vivaldi in the background. A rainbow of colorful classroom decorations. The room steeped in wordage. A book nook. Various centers. Students blooming before your very eyes. And Ms. Kim, donning her crisp denim apron, watering her sweet little ones, encouraging their love of learning. Very Mary Englebreit. It's ideal. But one can dream...
5 comments:
Aye papi, you're such a teacher.
You're going to do such a great job! I'm very happy for you. (I forgot to say that before).
Since Brad calls me the "bubble burster"...
how about thinking more with this in mind... snotty noses, whining, hitting, asking to go potty, crumbs from snacks...oh, sorry. You probably didn't want a reality check. Brad never does either!
Anyway, you will be an awesome teacher and I am sure you will have an awesome class!
Yes bubble burster...this is why I will have the Vivaldi playing in the background and the fresh flowers on my desk and the rainbow of colors in my room. To keep me smiling amidst the chaos. :) teehee Kim
Umm, my preschool teacher had a goldfish named "Sunshine" that I (indvertantly) terrorized when she had her back turned. What? I reaaly wanted those cool marbles in the bottom of his bowl. I mean, really, what would a fish need with marbles, I ask you? He didn't need to get so worked up about my hands in there - Sheesh!Yeah.... I'm with Stacey, but you just go on and enjoy that stuff... I'll be praying for you! :)
Post a Comment