Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The kids are packed. Their suitcases have been sitting by the door. Not because I'm so on top of it, but because they are so excited about going to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa in Tallahassee. Tomorrow morning we will get up bright and early and head out to the airport. We'll fly to Jacksonville where Matt's parents will pick them up. (It was cheaper to fly than drive. But at least it wasn't $7 a gallon! Go figure!) They spent a week at their house last summer. This year they are staying for a week and half while Matt and I travel down to Peru with our church's short term mission team. We meet at the church on Thursday night, but our flight isn't until 1:45 am on Friday. But it's ok. The airline thinks it will distract us from the ungodly time of night by serving us dinner.

We would love your prayers in the next couple of weeks as we travel all over and as we are away from our kids. Please pray for:

*Christ to be lifted up and God be glorified
*the eyes of the team to be opened to Christ's work around the world
*the work of the Holy Spirit in people's lives
*the team leaders: Gordon and Matt for love, wisdom, and patience
*all last minute details to come together
*safety in travel to and from Peru and during our stay, while I travel tomorrow to take the kids to JAX, and when Matt's parents travel back to Tally with the kids
*for me to be free from anxiety during the flight

For the team members:
*to love and respect one another
*safety on the job site
*the team to be a blessing to the Gahagens
*for our family members while we are separated

I'm not sure what to expect as this is my first mission trip. I have heard incredible things about all that is happening in Pucallpa and about the Gahagens in their neck of the woods. I am certainly anxious to experience it for myself! I will be sure to post all about experiences when we get back (at least within the first month after we return...) It's a little early, but Happy 4th!

2 comments:

Amy Ross said...

We will pray daily for you, my friend. Can't wait to hear all the details of your trip!!

The Crazy Lady said...

I am ready to hear all about this trip! Hope everything went great!!!