Sunday, June 08, 2008

Thou Shalt Be A Peacemaker

I went to our church's women's retreat this weekend. We were blessed to have Tara Barthel speak about Peacemaking Women. Wow! Not only was she enthusiastic, wacky, and really funny, but Mama Tara had a gentle way of taking us by the chin and guiding our eyes back to the gospel.

I was a wee bit sour about going on Friday, even though I had been looking forward to this event for a long time. I am thankful that I was carpooling with someone else so that I didn't have the choice of backing out. It was an incredible time with a great group of women.

The conference center where we stayed was nice. I walked around on Saturday morning taking some pictures of the very green grounds. (Not many flowers, but it was pretty none the less.) This was my first women's retreat experience, and I look forward to going next year!









4 comments:

Amy Ross said...

I forgot that was this weekend. I can't wait to hear all about it! We HAVE to talk tomorrow!
Missing you!

mccaigs5 said...

I'm glad you had a great time. I knew you would!

Brad & Stacey said...

Glad it was an encouraging time for you!

Shannon said...

I'm sad I missed it - Dede was telling me about it tonight and it sounded like I needed it! She's lending me the cds :) Wanna get together??? Miss you! Shan