Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Doors

My dear friend Stacey posted a number of pictures of paths she has come across while living overseas. That reminded me of the numerous pictures I took of doors while visiting the Hunters in Vienna. Why doors? Most of them were HUGE. Some had intricate carvings on them. Others had ornate iron works. And others, being quite ordinary, opened up to beautiful streets and common areas.

I wrote about our trip in March, and I might have mentioned briefly how the architecture took my breath away. I really could have stood in front of the St. Stephensdom Cathedral all day. And gawked. One of my college roommates laughed when she read about how I loved the buildings and architecture, and she promptly reminded me how I thought the awnings of the Capital Building were beautiful, too. Dork. (Me, not her.) Regardless, I found lots of beauty in the doorways we came across on our treks through the city. Here are some pictures of what I saw.

















2 comments:

mccaigs5 said...

Really good pictures, Papi. Ummm, aren't you supposed to be preparing for someone's birthday party?

Brad & Stacey said...

great post...can't wait to see some pictures of the birthday girl too!