Read about all the fun and frivolity we face every day, well maybe every other week since I can't seem to blog very consistently. Good times. Good times.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
What sensation do you get?
Ok. So why the super bad 70's commercial? Well, I made this peppermint patty poke cake the other day and I totally felt like I was in the Swiss Alps when I tasted it. No, not really. But, it was REALLY GOOD! Here's the recipe:
Peppermint Patty Poke Cake
Cake:
1 box betty crocker supermoist triple choc fudge cake mix
water, veggie oil, and eggs called for in cake mix directions
Filling:
1 box (4 serving size) white choc instant pudding and pie filling mix
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
Frosting:
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1 container betty crocker whipped milk choc frosting
3/4 c coarsely chopped choc covered peppermint patties (8 candies)
1. Heat oven to 350 deg. Make cake as directed for 13x9 in. pan; cool 15 minutes. Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with handle of wooden spoon.
2. In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with wire whisk about 2 min. Immediately pour over cake. Loosely cover and refrigerate about 2 hrs or until chilled.
3. Stir 1/4 tsp peppermint extract into frosting. Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with peppermint patties. Store loosely covered in refrigerator. 15 servings
*If you're baking this in the Alps or any other high altitude from 3500-6500 ft., bake 30-35 min. Enjoy!!! Let me know if it makes you yodel...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my GOSH that sounds so so so sooooooooooo good! I am totally making one when I get to FL!!! (No Betty Crocker here, sadly!)
I can't wait to have an "excuse" to make that.... I just had to wipe the drool off of my face... wait that's because I had to have a filling replaced at the dentist and my mouth is still numb...regardless, YUMMY!
How do you find these crazy videos??!!! Recipe sounds so good!
Post a Comment