We hopped in the car on Saturday to head south and go berry pickin'. Friday night we had some thunderstorms roll in, and we weren't sure if the weather would clear up. But sure enough! All we needed to see was a little bit of blue behind those clouds and off we went to Knaus Berry Farm! Down in the Redlands area, Knaus Berry Farm is tucked in among a number of tree farms and wholesale landscaping nurseries. The area leading to this farm area could be considered an INS official's dream, but that's besides the point.
I wanted to make this trek to Knaus Berry Farm an annual occurrence but we didn't make it last year. The last time we went we knew to sample the fresh baked cinnamon rolls, and we knew that berries just taste better when they're handpicked by tiny hands so we did that too. Thankfully this time we didn't have to lug a stroller through the strawberry field, and we didn't have a two year old with us either. Both kids did a great job finding the best berries!
As we pulled into the parking lot we ran into a family from our church, and they recommended the Dilly Bread. Good recommendation Kathy!!!
We also got a strawberry shake and a Key Lime shake, and they were out-of-this-world good! Yummo!
The best I left for last. (This is where my Drama Queen kicks in.) The cinnamon rolls were better than words can express. Soft, sweet and sticky, i.e.-SSS Add Another Roll to My Waist. Oh so good!
6 comments:
They look so cute drinking the shake! YUM!
Wish you could bring some of those yummy rolls with you...they look delicious! But we'll enjoy Austrian goodies while you are here!
See you in 15 days!
OH, I'd love to take a big bite out of one of those rolls!!! Ahh, just what I need! I love your pictures...have any good strawberry recipes??? I've got a bunch needed to be used!!
That's one thing I don't have! But eating them with Nutella is good enough, right? :) Kim
My mouth is watering a little bit right now. BTW, Mackenzie's hair is gorgeous!
That is one of the few things I miss about South Miami! I'm jealous. Love, SSS (not the cinnamon roll SSS)
Post a Comment