Thursday, June 28, 2007

Kim, do you take this woman?


I totally missed the pastor calling Matt a woman. But his brother Todd didn't miss a beat... he made sure to write it on my car. And my bridesmaids should've brought lots of tissues for themselves, but I don't think they expected to cry because of the groom's emotional response to our vows. (To make his "rep" as a man wasn't tarnished, he said he was crying over his 'lost freedom'. hahaha) Not to mention, I'm sure the drive thru worker at McDonald's was surprised to see our decorated "Just Married" Saturn drive through at 10 pm that night. (What?? We were hungry and hadn't eaten much at the reception.)

Thinking back 10 years ago to our wedding day, I am reminded of the good times we had with our families and friends. It was an incredible day. That year both of sets of my grandparents were celebrating their 50th anniversaries. We made sure that they had a special anniversary dance. We through a little Latin flavor in and my grandpa jumped right in. My niece was only 3 months old! It's funny to fast forward these 10 years and look at the two beautiful children we have today and how they were just twinkles in our eyes. Mackenzie is still trying to figure out where she was on the day we got married.

I wouldn't change anything about these last ten years. If you are reading this Matt, I love you!! See you in 4 days! Love, Kim

4 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look so young...and Matt's had hair! Well, more than he has now!
You'll definitely have to celebrate when he gets home!
Have fun tonight with Memoo and the gang!
Love-Stacey

mccaigs5 said...

Papi, I forgot all about the pastor calling Matt a woman. HaHa! I do remember him blubberin' like a baby though, and making everybody else blubber. TeeHee

Lotus said...

HAPPY Anniversary King and Matt.

Brad & Stacey said...

Post again! I am missing the updates on the Cates family!