Monday, July 09, 2007

A Visit from the Chins


Jacob


Kenzie, Chloe and Ian blinded by the light on the camera


The girls when they were about a year old


The Chin Family (sorry for the foggy look! It was quite humid this morning.)

In middle school I met one of my dearest friends, Christie (or 'Korn' as some of you know her). It was a strange beginning to our friendship. She noticed me for my rainbow assortment of Reeboks, and I noticed her staring at my rainbow assortment of Reeboks everyday in biology. We soon became inseparable. As I got to know her, I got to know her family. She has 2 sisters and 1 brother, and I've developed really sweet friendships with both of her sisters. Her sister, Kim and her family (the Chins) were visiting South Florida last week, and they came to stay with us this weekend.

They moved away to GA about 4 years ago. When they lived here, we got together for coffee and banana bread alot and our girls sat and watched each other drool on toys. Her daughter, Chloe, was one of Mackenzie's first playmates. They now have 2 more kids, Ian and Jacob. Ian is Ethan's age, and since their names are so similar, Kim's family calls Ethan 'Charlie', so as not to make conversations too confusing. Long story short, they coined this nickname 3 years ago after the hurricane Charlie. Little did they know that he would live up to the name.

It was great seeing them. What was even better was seeing the girls pick up where they left off. They had such a nice time playing, dressing up, and putting on makeup. Kim and I got a kick out of looking at the old pictures we had of the girls at the beach when they were a year old. It was bizarre fast forwarding 4 years to the present and seeing them run after each other as big girls. Ian and 'Charlie' kept to themselves, although 'Charlie' had truck envy and tried to run away with a few of Ian's vehicles. And Jacob, he enjoyed sitting on the Time Out bench. (Only because he couldn't get off the bench.)

We were sad to see them leave today, but we had a great time with them and we're looking forward to our next visit with the Chins.

4 comments:

Amy Ross said...

Wow!! Her kids are so cute!! I am sure that you had a great time. When we move away, will you be such a good hostess to us???? I pray that our kids will remain good friends no matter where they are!! Love you!

Kim said...

Are you kidding??? You guys will get the royal treatment! :) Love, Kim

mccaigs5 said...

What a beautiful family!

Lotus said...

I am so jelous of your visit with the Chins. I've never met Jacob, he looks high in all these pics, maybe he just woke up.