Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Enjoy the Silence?

Shh! Do you hear that? No, me neither. There are no children here making noise. No one to say at 6 am, 'wake up daddy! it's morning time!' Or no one to say while I'm making pancakes, 'can I flip them mommy?' The neighbors will be happy. I worried about them up until I hit Orlando, then I sort of got over it. Until I heard, 'i love you mommy' on the phone, then it hit me again.

The kids are visiting Matt's parents in Tallahassee this week. The kids and I drove up yesterday where I deposited them. Then this morning I left and came back to a quiet house. Mackenzie must have asked me about 5 times when I was leaving, and Ethan was too busy running all over the house to know that I was going anywhere. They did take a second out of their pool time to hug me and kiss me before I left, and for that, I was grateful. They have a cram-packed schedule of manicures, fishing, IMAX movies, museums, and lots of swimming, all to be done with their cousins, Caitlin and Duncan.

So while I'm sad that they are there and not here, I will glad tomorrow when LeeAnn gets here!! Hopefully I will have lots of great pictures to post of our time together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard..you need a break, but when you get it all you do is miss them! You are a great Mom!!! Have a fun week!

Amy Ross said...

If you feel the urge to hear some rowdy kids, clean up spills, wipe faces, etc... you know where to find my kids!! Hope you have a great time with LeeAnn. Thanks for including me for tomorrow night! Looking forward to it!

Lotus said...

oh ewww, my Jelousy.