Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Summer of So Longs

A portion of one of my December '06 posts:

We will see lots of changes this year with close friends moving away(to Vienna and Virginia) and Mackenzie starting kindegarten(to homeschool or not to homeschool) and Ethan starting nursery school(God help his teacher) and me going to work at his school (oh! you're Ethan's mommy!) and Matt getting a new job(in SoFla or beyond).

At the time I wrote that I wasn't thinking that most of those things would happen within about 4 months time! The Hunters are in Vienna now, and the Rosses are still planning on leaving as soon as they sell their house. The countdown is on as there are 20 days until she starts kindergarten. I had signed Ethan up for 3K, but I think he could stand to have another year home with me. So I will forego any chance of working at that same school (even though I don't think they had any room for me this year anyway). It also looks like we will be around in SoFla for awhile, or at least until the housing market takes an upswing. And everybody knows that will be a long time coming!

Mackenzie has become really good friends with a little girl from her 3K class. Her name is Abby (who, as Mackenzie informed me, prefers to go by the name 'Love'). Her dad is in the military, and we found out recently that they are being transferred to North Carolina. Today we went to a little going away party for her and her sister at their pool. Abby is probably one of the funniest kids I know! I like to keep a journal of all the funny things my kids say, and if her mom does the same she has got to have alot of funny stories! She is such a sweet girl, and it was really sad to say 'so long for now' today. This summer is turning out to be tougher than I expected. But God knows exactly what I need, and He is filling those needs. Unfortunately, I am filling my mouth with unnecessary chocolate to 'feed my feelings'. Is there an Eaters Anonymous?

3 comments:

KLeBlanc said...

Hi Kim, Come back to Lake Placid for a a few days! We'd love to have the whole family, that means hubby, too. Love, Liz

Kim said...

I was just thinking about the great times we've had in Lake Placid this summer, too! I will definitely bring Matt next time. You and Adriana are the hostesses with the mosteses! love, Kim

mccaigs5 said...

I know it's hard when people move and you're the one who feels "left behind". It always seems to happen in clumps too! Take heart, my friend. God will provide.