Monday, July 23, 2007

You did what???

Wow! What a whirlwind of a weekend. That's a lot of 'w's. LeeAnn left this afternoon, and I am sad. But we had a blast together! We couldn't have crammed anything more into our weekend. We started out on Friday going to Ft. Lauderdale beach. We spent a good part of the day there, just lying on the beach. It was the first time in a long time that I just vegged under a beach umbrella, flipping (like a beached whale)at just the right time to fry the other side of my body. When we left home that morning, I felt like I was forgetting something....like the huge bag of sand toys, swim vests, the small grocery store of food, snacks, drinks, etc. We reveled at the perfect temperature of the water, the Naval carrier off shore, the manatee that swam past us and the group of people that ran down the shore after it to catch a glimpse. It felt like it did 15 years ago when LeeAnn and I used to go to the beach as often as we could during high school.

We got home with enough time to make and eat dinner, and then get ready to go out again. We were meeting Amy to go to a coffee shop in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. We made a little detour before getting Amy (again, I am so sorry we were so late Amy!!!) but we'll talk about that a little later...

Coffee talk with LeeAnn and Amy was so nice. We were in no rush. The same Naval carrier we saw off shore earlier unloaded a bunch of sailors that we saw crawling all over the city. It was another relaxing time with friends.

Saturday morning we were off to Lincoln Road in South Beach. Unfortunately, we got there at 10 am and most people in SoBe are just getting home from the clubs at that time, so we didn't run into many crowds. In fact, most of the stores there didn't open until 11 am, but we enjoyed window shopping and people watching. From there, we went to Lisa's house. We all went to high school together and were in the band too. We tried to convince Lisa that she should go into catering because she laid out an incredible lunch spread for us! A lot of reminiscing and catching up was going on at Lisa's house. From her house we went to visit my parents. Going to their house with her, I couldn't help but think about the sleep overs, Taco Bell runs, drives through the neighborhood, coffee house visits, tearful talks about boyfriends, more Taco Bell runs. Good times, good times. We ended the evening at Chili's with some friends from church, Tracy, Sarah, Susan, Scott and Marla.

Sunday was a more restful day as we began the day at church. We laid around watching tv and dreading the drive to the airport the next day. But it came, and now she's gone. Wait! The little detour...

A long time and many Miami Ink episodes ago, I mentioned that I'd like to get a tattoo with LeeAnn. We laughed about it and talked about what we would get, never thinking that we would actually do it. When we made the plans to get together, she said she wanted to go ahead with the idea. I was really excited about it, but then got nervous. I didn't mention it to anyone because I thought I would chicken out. Had LeeAnn not been so steadfast about it, I would have. We decided what to get and we picked a tattoo parlor, and 2 sets of butterflies and a lot of lollipops later, we are both inked! She got her set on her foot and I got mine on my lower back. A permanent (and slightly painful) symbol of our friendship!

I will go to Tallahassee tomorrow to pick up the kids. I'm really anxious to pick up each of them and give them big squeezes and a load of kisses! While I missed them so much, I'm so glad LeeAnn and I could spend such a girly weekend together!



LeeAnn's foot



Kim's back



The folks at Silver on the Mount were really nice, and Adam and Mike did a killer job on our tatts! (You'd think we got a huge back piece.)



Ft. Lauderdale beach



Do you see that? No sand toys, swim vests, fruit snack wrappers, juice boxes, etc.



The beautiful table setting at our friend's house. Ladies Who Lunch.... I could get used to this.



Going out on the town!


Feeling like sixteen year olds again...

9 comments:

Amy Ross said...

Thanks for including me on Fri. night! I am glad your time with Lee Ann was so good. Safe travels tomorrow! And I think your tatoo looks great...but of course I am partial...

Shannon said...

OH.MY.GOSH!!!! Tattoos??! You rebels!!! Haha.
It looks like so much fun and I am sooo jealous of the beach... and the no kids part! Lisa does set a pretty mean table, doesn't she?! Glad you had such a great time. Love, SSS

Lotus said...

Love the tattoos guys.

Lotus said...

Hey- member when I used to sometimes go with you to TB. Club Taco Bell!

Unknown said...

I don't remember a permission slip don't you guys need one? to get a tattoo? Dad

Brad & Stacey said...

Glad to see that I am not the only one who has lost their mind...just kidding! But I did gasp like someone had died and when Abby heard me she asked what happened, I had to say that I was shocked by your "haircut"...:) I'll repent after I finish this e-mail...
Hope your reunion with the kiddos was a sweet one...can't wait til I can ship mine off!

Kim said...

I think it was 'Club Le Taco'. teehee King

KLeBlanc said...

Wow Kim! What would we do without our girlfriends! How refreshing for you! How did you choose your tattoos? Were you caterpillars when you met....Love, Liz

Leah Sottile said...

you are the coolest!!!! i'm so excited that you guys did that. i hope to be inked like you here in a little bit!! congrats!