*The anticipation of cooler temps (shut up! upper 70's/low 80's is cooler for us.)
*Going outside,even just going out to get to my car, without getting any sweaty extremities.
*Pumpkins, indian corn, bittersweet (even if it is the plastic kind from Michael's)
*College football games on tv (they're even better in a box at a stadium, but I'm not picky)
*Pilfering the "good" candy from the kids' loot bags (don't tell me you don't do that!)
*Mackenzie's birthday (I thought we would always celebrate her birthday with snowflakes, not pumpkins. But she knew how swell the fall was...)
*The fall festival at church
*Watching 'It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown' throughout the month of October (my favorite line- "I got a chocolate." "I got an apple." Charlie Brown-"I got a rock." How did that block head get a rock from every house???)
Sure, the leaves are gorgeous when they're changing and I really wish I could experience that every year. And football games are meant to be watched all bundled up in a wool blanket. And I'm sure those thick, fleecy costumes that every store sells are appropriate for the weather in some state in the country, but I still like fall in South Florida. It's feels good to be content (today).
They gravitated directly to the 'bumpy pumpkin'.
Gourds, gourds, and more gourds.
I'll take those two pumpkins.
Which one is the great pumpkin?
7 comments:
Did you go to the one on Flamingo Road?? Cool goards! I love Ethan's shirt!! It was a nice day, wasn't it!? I'd take more like these! See you in the morn.
That was the one on Flamingo Road. I still have to research the one in Miami. Let's make a date to go to one of them soon. Have fun camping!! love, kim
Looks like lots of fun! Wish we couldv'e gone with you!
Ok. Trying to see if our photo posts. Brad got "motivated" by my saying, "If you can't figure it out, Kim says Matt can walk you through it." :)
It posted! :) Kim
Ooooh, Oooooh! I have a crafty idea!!! You can make an octopus (umm, somehow) with those green gourd thingies. I saw it somewhere. Really!
Shan
Have you seen the books out that show you how to play with your food? Cool idea!
Post a Comment